Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lucid Dreaming and Overdrinking (and ETSY!)

Yeah, this is a re post from tumblr-what of it?

Saturday night was spent drinking drinks made with Whiskey, Amaretto and Ginger Liqueur. After a few of these said drinks were thrown back the boyfriend and I were feeling a little funny.

So funny we decided to create the worst shit we could make on Etsy. (because, of course, my disdain for those who make shit and it actually sells.) Jim was the one who decided up all this kooky shit and it turned out fascinating… So have yourself a looksie. FIRST SECOND AND THIRD listing. To read more in-detail about these little gems have a looksie here: jimether.blogspot.com


While he was uploading the last and final etsy shit onto the interweb the room was at a slight spin for me. Not the kind of spin that tells you you have had too much to drink but the kind of spin that annoys you and makes you think you’re dehydrated. So I sat at the couch watching our goldfish, eeny, meeny, miny and moe swim around their tank and our ever-ready adventurous mystery snail named Yolanda slowly clean her environment with her vaginal-dentata-esque mouth. I started to fall asleep.

My dreams haven’t been lucid in quite a while but this dream, involving college classes, underwater aquariums and High School classrooms. Left my brain feeling bored.

So here I was, scantily clad in a High School classroom, writing college-level papers for some weirdo in a tie, flaunting my thighs across the room to get kicked out of class-which, unfortunately, did not work.

So I left the classroom and found a box of guns in the elevator. Two of my friends left the classroom with me and were unimpressed when they found out the guns were actually cap guns. So, knowing I was in a dream I knew that zombies from some nuclear blast (I should not have watched the movie ‘Threads’ Friday night) were about to descend on us I took the revolver’s cylinder and stretched it out by hand so it would accompany some bullets. I also stretched the barrel a bit and made sure it had a firing pin.

I also decided I needed ample ammunition for protection (being how I was the only one in my group who actually knew how to shoot a gun) and told my dream self that the bullets were never ending in my left pocket-and that’s where they stayed.

Unfortunately I had to kill a few kindergarteners that wanted to eat my legs but all is fair in survival. I woke up before we actually had the chance to hot-wire a car and leave the vicinity.

It’s very interesting that after a few months/year I can actually lucid dream again…. also worth noting is that approximately 80% of all my lucid dreams involve some sort of apocalyptic fate.

No comments: