Friday, May 20, 2011

Old Color Photography

Scrounging around my photo files and found some of my older photography. I believe this is from the summer of 2009 or '08.

These are a few photos I took during a road trip through Portugal. We travelled from Lisboa (actually, Alges- the city where my grandmother (avó or vovó) lived at the time) to the Northern village of Solveira where my vovó was born.

The following are photos of a beach in Cascais, right down the road from the heart of Lisbon. We stopped at this cafe and had some drinks and ate Caracoís (snails).


The girl with the dark hair and sunglasses staring back at the camera was drawing pictures of us. I got her back, on film instead of paper.
This is my vovó, Maria Alfonso. She is drinking a beverage called Sumol which I adored when I was a child. It's like orange soda but....different.

I saw this through my viewfinder and thought the composition was a fluke. click click, thats how I roll.

No comments: