Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Photo Update

Hello all,
My updates have been few and far in between, I don't really apologize because I don't really think anyone reads these anyway. It's finals week and I have an exam in a half hour and a paper due tomorrow. After that I should remain pretty active.

These are just some photos to update with. The first two were taken after a few margaritas and Busch beers were consumed. party on.


This is Kait, she is mad because she is out of focus.



This is Lauren in her gold sparkling gem outfit with orange hat. Notice the ambiance of the ceiling fan.

The other day our pet crab, Zero, died. This was the first news I woke up to-however, we knew he was not looking so peppy this last week. Jim seems to think it was the new girl crab, Flora we brought home. Sorry Zero. I will miss your little crab claws.

Towards the beginning of the semester my friend, and grad student asked if I would create an illustration for the cover of the graduate studies handbook for the anthropology department. I was thrilled to help out and the above illustration is what I came up with.


The image above is from one of my favorite comic book artist's book Human Disastrophism by Gilbert Hernandez. I am looking forward to getting this permanently displayed on my body. I have been in love with the Hernandez Brother's work for years now and wish I was that talented.

Also I have been working on a paper on Neanderthal versus human genomes and I almost "ctrl s"-ed this blog update out of habit.
Silly me.

No comments: